Harmony Lodge No. 13 A.F. & A.M. met for many years on the third floor of the Smyrna Town Hall, also referred to as the Smyrna Opera House, which was located at the intersection of Main Street and South Street. However, on Christmas night in 1948 a fire destroyed the third floor and consequently Harmony Lodge lost its meeting room and most of its possessions. The Lodge then moved to the third floor of the Clayton Town Hall where it met continuously for twenty-nine years.
The present Lodge Hall in the Still Building on North Main Street, Smyrna was dedicated November 19, 1977, with the first regular meeting held on December 1 of that year. Smyrna-Clayton Masonic Hall Inc. issued ninety-one $100 Building Fund bonds in order to pay off the loan and mortgage for the new Lodge hall.
The 100th anniversary of Harmony Lodge No. 13 was celebrated with a dinner at the Hub Restaurant in Dover on April 29, 1967. The organizing committee consisted of PGM Harry C. Johnson, Harry R. Shirley, and Harry M. Thompson, collectively known as We Three Harrys.
In the year 1983, two brothers of Harmony Lodge visited the Grand Lodge of England in London and attended the Anglo-American Lodge. After their return, they gave several visitations and slide presentations to a number of different Lodges describing their visit.
On October 18, 1986 the Duck Creek Historical Society sponsored “Autumn in Duck Creek”. Harmony Lodge No. 13 was granted permission to be open for public tours. There were a total of fifty-three visitors that toured the Lodge Hall. Another similar event on October 20, 1990 was held and again the Lodge was open to the public.
The 125th Anniversary Banquet of Harmony was held on Saturday, March 7, 1992 at the Sheraton Hotel in Dover, DE. To commemorate the event the Lodge purchased 100 aluminum coasters from Wendall August Forge, of Grove City, PA to be sold for $10 each. The coasters were imprinted with the Masonic emblem, Harmony Lodge No. 13 A.F. & A.M. 1867-1992; Howard A. Fortner, III was the Worshipful Master.
The Brother John Montague “Black Hat” Fund received contributions in the amount of $1,674,000 from May 31, 1997 through February 2004. The amount given prior to 1997 is not available. Brother Montague has just recently passed away. In recent years, a small library of Masonic information and books was established in the Lodge.
From its founding in 1867 through January 8, 2004, Harmony Lodge No. 13 has entered, passed and raised 516 Brethren. Four brethren of Harmony Lodge No. 13 have served as Grand Master of Masons in Delaware. Nathaniel F. Wilds in 1891, Edward G. Walls in 1912, Walter W. Hynson in 1943 and most recently Harry C. Johnson in 1961.