Hiram Lodge No. 25

Ancient Free & Accepted Masons

Established June 27, 1870



DE Flag

 

  Lodge Officers

  Past Masters

  Calendar

  Lodge History

  Request More Information

  Driving Directions

  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

  Map of Delaware Lodges

  Masonic Links

  Legal Disclaimer

  Contact Webmaster

  Grand Lodge of Delaware


Lodge History

    Hiram Lodge No. 25 A.F. & A.M. located in Newark, Delaware was chartered June 27, 1870. In that time, 140 different Masters have governed the Lodge including four, who served as Grand Master of Masons in Delaware; Levin Irving Handy in 1905, Edward Webb Cooch in 1923, Clarence Albert Short in 1941, and most recently Donald D. Thomas in 2005.

     Hiram Lodge No. 25 meets on the second Monday of the month in the Masonic Temple located at 207 East Delaware Avenue in Newark. Construction of the building began in September 1949 on a parcel of land donated by Brother Norris N. Wright. The cornerstone was laid with a Masonic ceremony on November 5, 1949 and the completed building was dedicated in May 1950.

     Since 1906 no Worshipful Master has governed the Lodge for more than one year. Many members have given their time and effort to support Hiram Lodge and the community. In the recent past, eight Brothers have received the Grand Lodge Award of Honor: Wilkin L. Brown, Donald L. Davis, James Harkness, James Kelley, William W. Miller, and J. Earl Newman, James Kelley and Lee D. Gray.

     Hiram Lodge No. 25 maintains a charity fund to assist people in need and in a recent year that support totaled $650.00 in charitable support to the community. Over the years Hiram Lodge has also provided community service, most recently by annually ringing the Holiday Bells for the Salvation Army and participating in the State’s Adopt-A-Highway program. In addition, the Lodge invites the widows of deceased members to join the Brothers and their wives for an evening together.

     Hiram Lodge shares their building with Solomon Lodge No. 36, which was constituted by the Grand Lodge of Delaware on October 28, 1967 under the sponsorship of Hiram Lodge. The building is also occupied by St. John’s Chapter No. 4, Royal Arch Masons and Job’s Daughters Bethel #9. Further, many members from Hiram Lodge No. 25 are active in other organizations within the Masonic family where they often provide important leadership and support. Hiram Lodge is proud to belong to the Masonic family in Delaware and looks forward to continuing the proud tradition of service to the fraternity and community.




home button

                                                   



Grand Lodge Calendar
Suggest An Event

207 E. Delaware Ave.
Newark, Delaware 19711

2002-2018 Grand Lodge of Delaware. All Rights Reserved.